A bbc Interview with @MrMclugash

Alex McLugash is a Year 6 teacher from Leicestershire. He is 25 and entering his 3rd Year of Teaching.

What made you become a teacher?
         - My Year 6 teacher. However, I lost the love of it whilst at Uni. After Graduating I ended up working as a Teaching Assistant at a local Primary School which gave me back the Buzz. The following year I started my PGCE.


What is your favourite part of the job?
         - A tough one. I think you know you enjoy your job when you don´t think it is a job. The children are the obvious answer, but I also love learning and trying new things. Having the freedom to innovate and try different ideas and initiatives is what motivates me. 


What is the most frustrating thing about teaching at the moment?
        - Seeing the stress of my colleagues nationally due to high accountability and ´non-negotiables´, which seem to be destroying morale. I´m lucky to be in a school where these haven´t been passed onto staff, but it´s frustrating and hard to watch as it happens elsewhere. 


If you weren´t a teacher, what would you be and why?
         - I was thinking about this the other day. Something to do with technology or film, those are my interests outside of teaching. 


What is the most effective resource/technology/app you use in the classroom?
        - The most effective resource would be The Literacy Shed. App-wise, iMovie and See-Saw. iMovie because you can do so much with it- from showing reasoning in Maths to filming experiments in Science. See-Saw so the children can show off what they are doing. 


If you had to pick 4 people (Twitter or otherwise) to invite to a dinner party who
would it be and why?
         - Twitter: Ashley Booth and Chris Dyson.
         - ´Real Life´: Jimmy Bullard and Lee Mack.


What is the best and worst advice you have been given as a teacher?
       - You never stop learning.
       - Don´t smile until Christmas. 

What drives you as a teacher?
       - Making a difference to the lives and education of the children you have taught and will teach. There is nothing better than being able to positively influence so many children throughout your career and to be able to give them the best life chance possible. 

If you could choose one person who you´d love to have the bbc interview treatment, who would it be and why?
- Probably would be Chris Dyson. Would like to know what that machine of a HT tick.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bbc interview with Ashley Booth @mrboothY6

A bbc Interview with Beth Bennett

#bbcInterview with @mrlockyer