#bbcInterviews2 with @misterbodd


-          First tell us about yourself. (Keep it clean)

I am 34 (for 12 more days) going on 14... A father of two (4 &7) and I've been married for 10 years in September.

I've been teaching for 8 years. I've taught in the same school for my whole a career but have worked in 3 groups in  this time 5, 3 and 1... I'm currently reading for pleasure lead!

 I live in North Essex, raised in Northamptonshire, lived for9 years on London

How's that?



-          Comprehensive.

-          1. Why teaching? What would you be if you weren’t a teacher?

I'll answer the second bit first. My degree is in drama and technical theatre. I worked in theatre for 4 years before retraining.

I'd probably be still working backstage. I'd just got into designing and operating projection for shows - my last gig was a massive fundraiser at the royal Albert hall with Bob Hoskins & Joanna Lumley (name-drop).

I had been trained in using the equipment that is used for projection on Strictly and Eurovision so I could be designing visuals for those...

Now the 'why' ... Whilst working in theatre I didn't get to see much of my wife (girlfriend at the time) so considered a career move.

I'd recently worked on a huge children's production (500+ kids) and was involved in asking them about their view of the world. It became the favourite part of my job...

I also worked on 2 pieces of theatre that we took on tour and to Edinburgh fringe about social injustices. Death in police custody and then knife crime. Hearing about how so many young children had been failed by the education system pushed me towards trying my luck at changing lives!

(play some inspirational music over that last bit)

-          I’ll whip out my piano. (Who knew Dean was such a lovey?!)

-          2. What advice would you give for newcomers to twitter?

Don't panic! You'll build a network of people you respect in the end. Join in and then people will start to recognise you and will like what you tweet and therefore follow you.

Also, add a gif to any enquiries then people will stop to look at the gif and then see your question!

Also, don't get involved in every argument you see... It's not worth it

-          All very sensible.

-          3. What are your passions?

Reading is a passion that grew because of twitter. I had stopped reading due to the workload. But due to the way people on here spoke about new books, they got me hooked

I also love cooking and music (I love singing but I am very self conscious about this and will only sing in front of my kids.)

-          I’m sure it’s not that bad. Remind me to order earplugs before the next Primary Beers.

-          4. What had been your favourite lesson ever?

I'm not sure I can name one lesson, but I can name the sort of lesson.

Those where you just go off on a tangent and see where it takes you. Some times they're awful lessons, but other times they're unworldly and you'd win awards if anyone observed them... (No-one ever does though)

As an example...

My class and I loved Jon Klassen and Mac Barnett's shape trilogy books  so we made our own version called Rhombus, we even got a retweet from Jon Klassen

-          Ace. Those lessons are always the best. 5. Who should play you in the film of your life?

Hmm...  *Googles short, fat, bearded men*



Nick Offerman is older, but we can roll with him!

- Reader, if you’ve never seen Mr. Boddington close-up… let’s just say Mr. Offerman would be insulted.

Although Tom Hardy has auditioned and is keen to put on weight in order to secure the role

- Does he still have the Bane mask?

- 6. What is the best/worst teaching advice you’ve heard?

Best teaching advice was: ' Keep it simple and don't lose sight of what's best for the kids'

Worst was: 'wear a tie, they'll respect you! Everyone respects a tie'

-          7. If you were an inanimate object, what would you be?

-          I’m guessing not a tie.

What a great question...

-          Thanks, I’m proud of it.

I'd be a Lego brick! Useless on its own, but with the right people and the right ideas I'm awesome!

-          Also, it hurts when someone stands on you barefoot.

-          8. What's your most controversial opinion?

Ooh, how controversial to go... I'm going in hard!



This is an overrated book.


-          It’snot like you to be controversial. I’ve not read it. Probably purely because there’s been such a big fuss about it.

The pages are nice. But it's not a story.

It's written for people who like inspirational quotes on landscapes.

I don't think it's a children's book

- 9. Which 4 living people would you invite to dinner?

1)Jürgen Klopp I'd love a good chat with him!

2)My best mate Dave, we don't see enough of each other. nowadays

3) Bob Mortimer would be amazing

4) Paul Whitehouse was one of my childhood heroes so him too!

-          Sounds like a right laugh.

-          10. What would you like to be remembered for?

I'd love the children I've taught to remember me the same way I remember my Year 5 Teacher Mr Ekins, for his awesome story telling.

It's easy for a child to tell you to that you're their favourite at the end of the year, but hearing it in 10/20 years time would be awesome!

-          Lovely, wholesome stuff. Finally….Who would you nominate for an interview?

I'd love to hear more about the boy wonder -  @MrETeacher92

Make sure you ask him about this magic tricks...

-            Cheers. I’ll add another Q just for him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A bbc interview with Ashley Booth @mrboothY6

A bbc Interview with Beth Bennett

#bbcInterview with @mrlockyer